Friday, June 27, 2008

Week 3

All very exciting - I like the potential for keeping images that might otherwise be lost, or not taken; the fact that it has private and public potential; the fact that people can comment on images, adding extra information about contents in some cases; the fact that it adds an extra type/shade of 'information' through revealing the many different ways (because of the range of people contributing) we can look at particular things; and its potential as a source of raw material for researchers, artists etc.

My only concern is that it is dependant on the quality of tagging.

Finally - Although there are help guides to making a link to a photograph, and I managed to do it a few weeks ago somehow, I have not be able to get to a page with the little picture icon on it so I can download the image I have selected. I've spent about an hour on it now, plus the very excellent lesson, but am now leaving it because it is time to go home!

Feeling a bit frustrated as to the clarity or user friendliness of guides/instructions here.

No comments: